Tritone Adds Third Summer Jazz Camp
PENFIELD, NY, February 20, 2012 -- A Tritone Jazz Fantasy Camp (www.tritonejazz.com) will become part of the summer curriculum of the legendary Interlochen Center for the Arts (www.interlochen.org) in Interlochen, Michigan, June 17-22, 2012.
Tritone Jazz at Interlochen will be added to Tritone's two other camps, Tritone Cool on the Lake at Bjorklunden, Baileys Harbor, WI, (July 8-13); and Tritone Jazz at Naz, at Nazareth College in Rochester, NY (July 22-27).
The increasingly popular Tritone Jazz Fantasy Camps, designed exclusively to provide personalized jazz instruction in jazz improvisation, big-band, and combo playing for adult instrumentalists and singers, have been offered every summer since 1998.
The Tritone Jazz at Interlochen faculty will include:
• Darmon Meader (voice), founder and creative director of the New York Voices
• Jim Pugh (trombone), who has played with everyone from Woody Herman to Chick Corea to Yo-Yo Ma to Steely Dan and is well known to listeners of NPR
• Bill Carrothers (piano), a leader on 21 recordings and a sideman for jazz luminaries such as Buddy DeFranco, Dave Douglas, Curtis Fuller, Billy Higgins, Lee Konitz, James Moody, and Toots Thielemans
• Jim Fox (guitar), a high-demand Los Angeles studio musician and instructor, currently touring with Frank Sinatra Jr.
• Clay Jenkins (trumpet), a mainstay of the Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orchestra and a faculty member at the renowned Eastman School of Music
• Steve Houghton (drums & percussion), author of more than 20 instructional works for jazz rhythm sections and a faculty member at Indiana University
• Jose Encarnacion (reeds), current jazz faculty member at Lawrence University and former faculty member at the Eastman School of Music
• Ike Sturm (bass), a busy freelance bassist and jazz director of St. Peter's Church (the fabled "Jazz Church") in NYC
Tritone at Interlochen will be directed by Tritone co-owner Fred Sturm, chair of Jazz and Improvisational Music at the Lawrence University Conservatory of Music in Appleton, WI.
Media Inquiries and More Information:
More Information: http://www.tritonejazz.com
Tritone Music, Inc.