THE FREE INTERNET ARCHIVE OF "JAZZ FORUM" MAGAZINE NOW AVAIILABLE ONLINE!!!
(Published: April 10, 2012)
The Zbigniew Seifert Foundation launched the <b>www.polishjazzarch.com internet site.
The site provides online access to the full contents of "JAZZ FORUM" magazine issues from the first 24 years of its publication in all three language editions: Polish (1965 - 1989) and international: in English (1967 - 1989) and German (1976 - 1981).
The internet archive comprises more than 15,000 pages, in total + 265 issues of "JAZZ FORUM" magazine, including:
• Interviews with major artists representing various musical styles and genres, such as: Miles Davis, Joe Zawinul, Gil Evans, Stan Getz, John McLaughlin, Chick Corea, Pat Metheny, Jan Garbarek, Tomasz Stanko, Zbigniew Seifert, Krzysztof Penderecki, Czesław Niemen
• Feature articles about musicians, including John Coltrane, Charles Mingus, John Surman, B.B. King, Albert Mangelsdorff, Urszula Dudziak, Krzysztof Komeda, Zbigniew Namyslowski, Ganelin Trio
• Reports from international festivals: Newport - New York Jazz Festival, Monterey Jazz Festival, Berliner Jazz Tage, North Sea Jazz Festival, Montreux Jazz Festival, Molde, Antibes Juan-les-Pins, Jazz Jamboree, Jazz on the Odra, and others
• Analytical essays on music by Joachim Ernst-Berendt, Janos Gonda, Roman Kowal, Andrzej Schmidt, and Stefan Zondek
• Reviews of records and books
• International country-by-country news
• Euro-Jazz Personalities - profiles of famous musicians from various countries
• Jazz Top People annual readers international poll
• Graphics by Rafał Olbinski, Jan Sawka, Edward Lutczyn
• Photographic contest with winners from various countries
• Unique ads from the communist Poland
JAZZ FORUM, established in December 1965 and directed for the first 15 years by Jan Byrczek , and for the following three decades by Pawel Brodowski , was in its heyday the only international jazz magazine, attracting leading critics, jazz writers and photographers from all over the world.
The materials printed in JAZZ FORUM - articles on specific issues, interviews with famous musicians, reviews of festival, concerts, records and books, etc. - offer a remarkable contribution to the world's jazz literature and will prove invaluable to jazz historians, critics, journalists and fans. For many years, the magazine's graphics were created by the now world famous artist Rafał Olbinski.
The site's contents are available free of charge, without the need to log in to the site, and with the option of searching for specific information in the article contents using the search engine.
Copyright © For Jazz, sp. z o.o.
The project has been implemented by the Zbigniew Seifert Foundation and co-financed by the Polish Ministry of Culture and National Heritage and the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
More Information: http://www.polishjazzarch.com
Zbigniew Seifert Foundation