Rhino Records Presents Three Extensive Collections That Spotlight Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
(Published: July 11, 2014)
Jersey Boys Film Soundtrack Also Available On June 24 From Rhino.
This summer belongs to The Four Seasons as Rhino unveils three new comprehensive collections, including a colossal 18-disc set that focuses on the iconic group’s hit-packed albums, plus two sets that explore the individual careers of founding members Frankie Valli and Bob Gaudio. Each of the following will be available July 1.
Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons – The Classic Albums Box is an 18-disc set that includes the vast majority of the group’s albums in mini jackets with original artwork, $99.98.
Frankie Valli – Selected Solo Works is an eight-disc set that features many of Valli’s classic solo albums in mini jackets with original artwork, $49.98.
Audio With A G: Sounds Of A Jersey Boy, The Music Of Bob Gaudio is a two-disc collection of legendary songs written by hitmaker Gaudio, performed by The Four Seasons and other artists, $19.98.
FRANKIE VALLI & THE FOUR SEASONS - THE CLASSIC ALBUMS BOX contains 18 CDs of the albums that Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons recorded between 1962-1992. Presented in a clamshell box, each album comes in a mini-jacket that replicates the original album’s artwork. All of the group’s biggest hits are here, including five #1’s – “Sherry,” “Big Girls Don’t Cry,” “Walk Like A Man,” “Rag Doll” and “December 1963 (Oh, What A Night).” The set touches on different eras of the group’s career from its early days to later works like The Genuine Imitation Life Gazette (1969), the million-selling Who Loves You (1975), and the group’s final album Hope + Glory (1992).
FRANKIE VALLI - SELECTED SOLO WORKS features eight CDs of Valli solo albums recorded between 1967 and 1980. Presented in a clamshell box, each album comes in a mini-jacket that replicates the original album’s artwork. The set opens with his 1967 solo debut The 4 Seasons Present Frankie Valli Solo and it’s follow-up Timeless, which produced the Top 40 hit “To Give (The Reason I Live).” His first solo #1, “My Eyes Adored You,” and the smash hit “Swearin’ To God” are both found on his 1975 album Closeup. His second #1 hit came in 1978 with the theme song to the film Grease, found on the album Frankie Valli...Is The Word. The set closes with the singer’s 1980 album, Heaven Above Me.
AUDIO WITH A G: SOUNDS OF A JERSEY BOY, THE MUSIC OF BOB GAUDIO is a two-disc compilation that pays tribute to many of the memorable songs that Gaudio wrote through the years. It begins with “Short Shorts,” a 1958 hit that he co-wrote when he was 15 and a member of the Royal Teens. Many songs feature Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, but there is no shortage of other artists who have performed Gaudio’s songs, including Frank Sinatra, the Tremeloes, The Walker Brother, Diana Ross, Nina Simone, Cher and the Temptations.
All three of these collections will arrive in stores soon after the debut of director Clint Eastwood’s big-screen version of the Tony Award-winning musical Jersey Boys. To celebrate the film, Rhino will also release the soundtrack to this highly anticipated film.
JERSEY BOYS: MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE AND BROADWAY MUSICAL will be available June 24. While assembling the album’s 25 tracks, producer Gaudio carefully selected some of the best songs recorded by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons and intertwined them with recordings by cast members from both the film and the stage musical. The soundtrack is full of surprises and makes a perfect audio companion for both new fans discovering the quartet though the film as well as long-time followers of The Four Seasons.
FRANKIE VALLI & THE FOUR SEASONS THE CLASSIC ALBUMS BOX
Sherry & 11 Others (1962)
Big Girls Don’t Cry And Twelve Others (1963)
The 4 Seasons Sing Ain’t That A Shame And 11 Others (1963)
On Stage With The Four Seasons (1965)
Dawn (Go Away) And 11 Other Great Songs (1964)
Born To Wander (1964)
Rag Doll (1964)
The 4 Seasons Entertain You (1965)
The 4 Seasons Sing Big Hits By Burt Bacharach... Hal David... Bob Dylan (1965)
Working My Way Back To You (1966)
New Gold Hits (1967)
The Genuine Imitation Life Gazette (1969)
Half & Half (1970)
Who Loves You (1975)
Hope + Glory (1992)
FRANKIE VALLI SELECTED SOLO WORKS
The 4 Seasons Present Frankie Valli Solo (1967)
Our Day Will Come (1975)
Lady Put The Light Out (1977)
Frankie Valli...Is The Word (1978)
Heaven Above Me (1980)
AUDIO WITH A G: SOUNDS OF A JERSEY BOY, THE MUSIC OF BOB GAUDIO
1. “Short Shorts” - Royal Teens
2. “Sherry” - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
3. “Big Girls Don’t Cry” - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
4. “Walk Like A Man” - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
5. “Whatever You Want” - Jerry Butler
6. “Another Day” - Chuck Jackson
7. “Dawn (Go Away)” - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
8. “Rag Doll” - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
9. “Bye, Bye, Baby (Baby, Goodbye)” - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
10. “Bye, Bye, Baby (Baby, Goodbye)” - Bay City Rollers
11. “Silence Is Golden” - The Tremeloes
12. “The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine (Anymore)” - The Walker Brothers
13. “The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine (Anymore)” - Cher
14. “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” - Frankie Valli
15. “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” - Nancy Wilson
16. “Saturday’s Father” - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
17. “Wall Street Village Day” - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
18. “Elizabeth” - Frank Sinatra
19. “I Would Be In Love (Anyway)” - Frank Sinatra
20. “For A While” - Nina Simone
1. “The Night” - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
2. “I Heard A Love Song (But You Never Made A Sound)” - Diana Ross
3. “Stone Liberty” - Diana Ross
4. “Deeper Than Love” - The Temptations
5. “Who Loves You” - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
6. “December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night)” - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
7. “Down The Hall” - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
8. “The Night” - Lene Lovich
9. “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” - Boys Town Gang
10. “Beggin’” (Pilooski Re-Edit) - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
11. “When Someone Tears Your Heart In Two” - Roberta Flack
12. “This Time Around” - Ruthie Henshall
13. “Two Kinds Of Fire” - Ruthie Henshall & Tim Howar
14. “Ces Soirées-là” - Jersey Boys Original Broadway Cast
15. “Sherry” - Jersey Boys Original Broadway Cast
16. “Who Loves You” - Jersey Boys Original Broadway Cast
Frankie Valli – Selected Solo Works:
Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons – The Classic Albums Box:
Audio With A G: Sounds Of A Jersey Boy, The Music Of Bob Gaudio:
Jersey Boys: Music From The Motion Picture and Broadway Musical:
More Information: http://www.frankievallifourseasons.com